Request Music

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Trip update

Craziness here in Europe!

I guess I'll just give a short summary of what I've done so far.

First couple days in England we stayed at different small B&B's in the countryside.
Like this one. This house has parts of it that were originally built in the 1300's.
None of them had internet which was fine for awhile but it does get to be a pain in the butt.
Toured around the back hills and did some hiking, visited some ruins and tried not to run over any sheep.
Stopped by this Manor to ask if Mark was home but nobody would come to the gate.Maybe he was at Lower Slaughter Manor. (there was one)

Some of the ruins we saw were just amazing. Most with big rocks stood on end that trace back almost 5000 years.

Forget the name of this one but it was neato.

Stone Henge of course.

Then we moved on to London. Had a chance to tour around there as well. Lots of stuff to see and I'll be back there next week for more. So far I've been to most of the major attractions, rode the tubes a lot and even had a chance to play some poker. I'll get more into all those things when I have more time.
Look kids Big Ben!....Parliament!!!

After a short time in London we took the train to Paris. It is now our second day here and we are exhausted.
8 hours in the Louvre.

Checking out The Eiffel Tower.

And a large number of strange Buscars(sp?) who seem to just stand still until someone gives them money and then they change position......slightly.


1 more day in Paris and then let's see......what to do?.......

I'M GOING TO AMSTERDAM BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was not in my original plans but a few things have changed to allow me to go. I leave Friday morning, by myself, on a train and will be there for who knows how long. Since I will be by myself for the rest of the trip, I can extend it as long as I want to. Maybe a few days? A week? Longer? We'll see. If I can find a place with good internet in Amsterdam I'll try to update more.

Make sure and tune in to BuddyDank Radio tonight to listen to Joanada and Numbono. I hear they are doing an excellent job while I'm out so don't miss out.

No comments: